10 Fascinating Facts About Smiling
1. Smiling helps you get promoted: Smiles make a person seem more attractive, sociable and confident, and people who smile more are more likely to get a promotion.
2. Babies are born with the ability to smile: Babies learn a lot of behaviors and sounds from watching the people around them, but scientists believe that all babies are born with the ability, since even blind babies smile.
3. Smiles are more attractive than makeup: A research study conducted by Orbit Complete discovered that 69% of people find women more attractive when they smile than when they are wearing makeup.
4. Forcing yourself to smile can boost your mood: Psychologists have found that even if you’re in bad mood, you can instantly lift your spirits by forcing yourself to smile.
5. Smiling boosts your immune system: Smiling really can improve your physical health, too. Your body is more relaxed when you smile, which contributes to good health and a stronger immune system.
6. Smiles are contagious: It’s not just a saying…smiling really is contagious, scientists say. In a study conducted in Sweden, people had difficulty frowning when they looked at other subjects who were smiling, and their muscles twitched into smiles all on their own.
7. Smiling makes you more approachable:This one’s not that surprising, but researchers found that when a man and a woman make eye contact at a bar, the guy only approaches her about 20% of the time. But if they make eye contact and she SMILES, there’s a 60% chance he’ll walk over.
8. Women smile more than men: Generally, women smile more than men, but when they participate in similar work or social roles, they smile the same amount. This finding leads scientists to believe that gender roles are quite flexible. Boy babies, though, do smile lessthan girl babies, who also make more eye contact.
9. Smiling makes people more likely to forgive you: You shouldn’t look HAPPY about making a mistake. But research has shown that if you force a smile while you’re apologizing, people are more likely to give you a break.
10. Smiling might add years to your life: Scientists at Wayne State University in Detroit looked at pictures of baseball players taken in 1952. And the ones who smiled when they had their picture taken lived an average of seven years longer.
Invisalign®, for a beautiful smile that will last a lifetime.
Join us on Thursday afternoon, September 27th or Friday morning, September 28th for an exclusive invisalign event. Special $500 offer! Plus a bonus gift when you mention Mom's Aventura.
Schedule your appointment today (305) 935-2797! A few spots are remaining.
The Dental Care Group, 2797 NE 207th Street, Aventura, FL 33180 (right behind the OXXO cleaners on 208th & Biscayne blvd.)